maandag 29 januari 2007

Onderhandelingen betreft de inventaris.

29 januari 2007 16:05 uur

Prie, prie, m’n GSM gaat, “Heee, Krishna, old Nepali, how are you?” ........Stil, ik denk dat ik Gabor aan de lijn heb. “You know it’s me, because you can see it on your cell phone display, now I get it, I am very fine and how are you?”. “Fine, thank you”. ……..Stil………… “Krishna, you are phoning me.” “Yes, I know”. ………....”Then you have something to say or to ask me, I’ll think”. “Yes, ……..oh, now I know, yes sure, sorry, the Dutch way. very fast. Well, remember that you asked me to make an appointment with the Sunny?”. “Yes”. “Well we have appointment this morning,... I will pick you up at 11:15, Oke?” Normaal zou ik zeggen ”mag het om 11:17 zijn,........ of nee, maak het 11:18, komt mij beter uit.” of zoiets. Wat een belachelijke tijd; 11:15...In Nepal. Maar ik durf dat nu niet te doen want ik weet zeker dat Krishna daar heel serieus op ingaat. “Yes, Oke, I will be ready, see you at the Khwopa.” Ik sluit mijn laptop en ga lekker douchen, tijd zat, het is 10:00. Daarna op het dakterras lekker ff zonnen. ( Ik hoef mijn heater niet meer te gebruiken, de temperatuur stijgt weer.)
Krishna arriveert, het is 11:10. “Your a man of the clock.” “Yes, It is not the Nepali way but I like it” “Bakkie koffie or we go now?” Krishna heeft een aantal woordjes Nederlands geleerd tijdens zijn verblijf. “Let’s go now” . Op naar de Sunny. De uitbater zit buiten, met een aantal maten, te wachten. Krishna Namasteet wat en gebaard , dit is ‘m. Ik Namaste ook wat en geef hem een hand. “Hello, I’m Rick” Hij zegt iets onverstaanbaars terug. We gaan de Sunny in. “Shall we go to the balcony?” stelt Krishna voor. Prima idee . Al het personeel is aanwezig en Namasteën en buigen er lustig op los. Ze zijn er niet gerust op. Wij het balkon op. Ik ga in een hoekje zitten, Krishna tegenover mij en xxx naast Krishna. De twee Nepali zijn erg zenuwachtig. Ze praten met elkaar in het Newari en ik kijk uit over het Taumandhi Square.
“Well, he asked again for one year to rent the Sunny, and now you better speak with him”. Arme Krishna, hij wilt zo snel mogelijk van het gesprek af “Does he speak English?”. “Yes, very good.” “Oke, Well It’s very simple, the answer to your question is No. You can not expect from me that I pay one year rent in advance to see you doing my business.”. “But I worked here 10 years, When I rent the place is was nothing, I build it all, it was just an old people's home, no toilet, no water, no electricity”. “Yes, but you’re a businessman, you know that you have to invest to get profit out. If you didn’t do the things you did to make it a restaurant no one shall take a meal or drink here. You did the rebuilding for your own profit.”
“Do you smoke?” Ik ontken en hij steekt een sigaret op. Hij beeft helemaal. Hij spreek Newari met Krishna. “He feels realy not good. He is confused.” “ Are you angry at me?” vraag ik aan xxx. “Yes, I am”. “Why?” “Because you take Sunny”. “What I understand is that the Nhuchhin (broer van Krishna), asked you to rent the Sunny for 15.000 rupee per month and that you said No. So he asked me will you pay that and I said Yes. So I did not take the Sunny, I rent It”. “Yes but when I said No to Nhuchhin I thought that …… you know”. “So because you thought wrong, you are angry at me? That’s strange, no? You should be angry at yourself”. “I have to go 1 March? “. “Yes.”. “Oke, if I have to go, I’ll go”. Zo da’s 1.
“Is it possible to talk about inventory that I want to take over?” . Een Newari onderonsje met Krishna. “He like that we take over everything”. “How much does he want?”. “I have to calculate”. zegt xxx “I understand, but there are things that I don’t like, so why do I want to take it all?”. “You know I can take out everything what’s in the Sunny?” en xxx wijst ook naar overkapping van het balkon. “If you not take everything I take I all out”. Altijd leuk zo’n dreigementje. Eens kijken hoe dat verder gaat. “Oh,..that would be Oke, I want to get rid of it anyway because I want to install a electric marquee, I want to get rid of the tables, because they are to low and the chairs because there to old” Ik zie onze vriend kleiner worden. “So is it possible to take some pictures so that I can see what we are talking about”. “Yes, you can” Weer Newari gepraat. “ Maybe he can make calculation regarding the kitchen, furniture, wall decoration and so on.”. “Yes, I can, maybe better.” valt onze vriend bij. “Yes, I’ll think so, much better”. Krishna krijgt telefoon en loopt naar het naastgelegen vertrek. “When do you think you can have your calculation?”. “Next week, I’ll think”. “Then I be back next week?”. “Yes, and you bring Krishna with you?”. “You don’t like to talk with me, do you?”. “No, not realy”. “I make some pictures, yes?” Hij gebaart Oke. Ik ga de trap op naar de keuken. Als de smaakpolitie hier langs zou komen, haal ik de voorpagina van de Telegraaf. Foto’s zeggen meer dan duizend woorden.
Of we nog een drankje willen. Krishna neemt koffie en ik een black tea. Terug op het balkon. “what you think” vraagt xxx. “Lot’s to do” Hij knikt. “What are you going to do?” “I open new restaurant” “Ah . where, in Bhaktapur?” “Yes” hij kijkt een beetje hulpeloos en praat weer in Newaars met Krishna. “In Nepal people do not say that kind of things, because when he say where he is going to open restaurant then Nepali people will quickly open restaurant in that place”.”It’s Oke,”zeg ik tegen onze vriend, “I hope you will succeed and that you may be very happy there” Hij ontdooid zowaar. ”That’s why I wanted to have Sunny extra year, because over 8 month when the season starts I open other restaurant. That restaurant has 10 rooms so I also can handle bigger groups. Sunny Guest House has 6 rooms. 6 Rooms is to little” “Oke, good for you” What is going to happen with your staff?” “I don’t know” “Do you think they will work for me?”. “I think it is all right that you talk to them, maybe they stay maybe they won’t “”Oke, I’ll speak to them next week if that’s Oke with you”. “It’s Oke.”. We spreken af dat we elkaar volgende week maandag om 11:00 treffen in de Sunny. “You understand that you can not use the name Sunny Restaurant”. “I understand perfectly, you are stupid to give away such a famous name” Hij knikt Namaste. Da’s 2

Geen opmerkingen: